« All Events
Connect with REACH at Venture Café Philadelphia
November 16 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Free
|Research & Equity in Academic-Community Partnerships for Health (REACH) is an initiative at the University of Pennsylvania that fosters successful, sustainable, and equitable community-academic partnerships. Since 2015, we’ve run the Community Scholars Program, a free two-semester night class that prepares community organizations to be equal partners in research, so that community partners can co-direct the research enterprise. We’ve built REACH to take it one step further: assist in the development of partnerships through networking, resources, coaching consultation, and programming, with the ultimate goal of making partnerships easy, efficient, effective, and equitable.
|RSVP to join us from 5:00-7:00pm on Thursday, November 16th at the Venture Café (3675 Market Street) for light food and beverage, networking, and to hear about how REACH can help you meet your goals.
|At this session, we are offering the following services:
- Headshots – update your professional picture
- Newsletter signup – connect with REACH opportunities
- Networking profile signup – create a profile on our online platform to connect with potential partners
- Professional materials – write / update your professional bio; receive consultation on websites and other communications
- Coaching clinic – brainstorm research and partnership ideas with our facilitators
|This event will prepare community leaders to connect with academic partners, grantmakers, and fellow community-based organizations. Through a proven coaching model, participants will have access to services and tools designed to build bridges between community and academia, so that we can work together to create partnerships, achieve equity, and secure funding. Connect with these resources and a team of coaches that will prepare you for an opportunity at a future, large networking event (save the date: March 21, 2024).